The healthier menu is an effort to appeal to millennials, as well as a broader demographic
The Cheesecake Factory is releasing a menu of Superfood options.
The Cheesecake Factory is releasing a new group of superfood options to the summer menu starting in August.
This new section of healthier options will feature power foods such as kale, blueberries, almonds, salmon, and quinoa, according to Nation’s Restaurant News. The Cheesecake Factory noted that this is an effort to appeal to millennials, as well as a broader demographic.
David Overton, chairman and CEO of The Cheesecake Factory, said that the SkinnyLicious menu options—another line marketed as “healthier”—are doing well and hopes the same for the Superfoods options.
“It’s our take on what guests want today and an innovative approach to continuing to drive relevance,” Overton said. “We believe it will resonate not only with Millennials, but have broad appeal across a wide demographic.
Along with the superfoods menu category, menu prices will increase about 2.5 percent this year. The Cheesecake Factory is also testing a mobile app in Thousand Oaks, California called CakePay. The full details of the app have not been disclosed.
What The Cheesecake Factory Doesn't Want You To Know
The Cheesecake Factory is one of the country's most famous restaurants, and for a good reason. At a time when many restaurants are trying to keep their menus small, this one went in the complete opposite direction with 250 regular menu items and at least 50 different types of cheesecake. It's a little on the pricey side, though, the sort of place most people probably only go for a special occasion or a well-deserved treat.
Maybe they're just doing us regular folk a favor by setting the prices a little high. It's actually a good idea to save it for a once-in-a-blue-moon sort of thing, for both your waistline and your wallet. Turns out, the prices aren't the only thing that are probably higher than you thought at the cheesecake factory. Like any popular restaurant, there are some things they'd more than likely prefer you just didn't know about.
10 Most Ridiculous Cheesecake Factory Menu Items
Cheesecake is one of the richest, most fatty desserts in the world. You wouldn’t expect a restaurant chain that named itself after cheesecake to be high on the healthy list, but some of the menu items at the national chain The Cheesecake Factory are downright ridiculous. Americans flock to this mainstream eating place to indulge, and with the following food choices on their menu, The Cheesecake Factory isn’t pulling any punches.
Remember, the recommended daily intake for a normal person is 2,000 calories, 20 grams of saturated fat and 2300 milligrams of sodium. Many of these Cheesecake Factory menu items beat that amount in a single dinner dish:
- Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes – This appetizer sounds harmless enough, but the three small tamale cakes covered with sour cream and avocado also serve up a whopping 1,500 calories, 1,380 mg of sodium and 50 grams of saturated fat. That’s 500 calories for each tamale cake – and you haven’t even ordered your meal yet!
- Fried Macaroni and Cheese – The Cheesecake Factory’s Macaroni and Cheese is already a belt-buster at 1,310 calories for a SIDE DISH. Fry it up as an appetizer and you’re eating 1,530 calories, 1,760 mg of sodium and 63 grams of saturated fat! Dip it in ranch dressing for added belly bulge.
- “Weight Management” Asian Chicken Salad – Nevermind the fact that the title of this dish is embarrassing to speak aloud much less to order, this salad – while low in calories and saturated fat – still contains an enormous 2,600 milligrams of sodium, 600 more than the recommended daily intake. You may be managing your weight, but your blood pressure will be through the roof.
- Caesar Salad with Chicken – Salad is healthy, right? Not with a pile of dressing, cheese and croutons on top. This dinner salad weighs in at 1,510 calories – almost three times as many calories as a Big Mac! Even the “small” lunch Caesar Salad with chicken packs 980 calories!
- Beer Battered Fish & Chips – Can you consume all your recommended daily calories in one dish? You can if it’s The Cheesecake Factory’s Beer Battered Fish and Chips, which will knock you out with a gigantic 2,260 calories as well as 68 grams of saturated fat and 2,870 milligrams of sodium. Wash it down with a glass or two of ale and get serious about growing that beer belly.
- Pasta Carbonara with Chicken – The calorie count on this creamy pasta dish will make you gasp (2,290), but the real kicker is the saturated fat – 81 grams. This is FOUR TIMES the recommended daily allowance for saturated fat in one dish – hope you like your arteries clogged.
- Beef Ribs – Beef has gotten a bad name in the health food world, and with this Cheesecake Factory dish, it’s easy to see why. Served with French fries AND fried onion strings, the Beef Rib dinner delivers scale-tipping numbers in every area: 2,310 calories, 74 grams of saturated fat and 1,610 milligrams of sodium.
- Spicy Cashew Chicken – This Mandarin-style dish is no slouch in the calorie department, holding a massive 1,810 calories, but the most shocking item is the level of sodium in this specialty dish: 4,450 milligrams, almost twice the suggested daily intake.
- Adam’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake – One little slice of cheesecake couldn’t hurt, could it? Piled with fudge and peanut butter, this popular dessert packs a hefty 1,330 calories per slice as well as 40 grams of saturated fat. Hope you didn&apost eat any actual dinner.
- Chocolate Tower Truffle Cake – This monstrosity makes a slice of cheesecake look like a dieter’s food. Order this for dessert and you will eat another 1,680 calories and 49 grams of saturated fat. Might want to hold the 𠇊 la mode” and instead sign up for a gym membership.
So, it seems The Cheesecake Factory got wind of their overt ridiculousness and has just introduced a new "SkinnyLicious™" addition to their menu. They say of the 50 or so additions, "The SkinnyLicious™ menu offers calorie-conscious guests even more choices with signature rich taste." Well, we&aposll see about that. but we do welcome the addition of a veggie burger and a couple other vegetarian options.
Tips on making Cheesecake factory oreo cheesecake
- You will most definitely want a hand mixer, or standing mixer for this recipe.There are a lot of thick ingredients, and it will be difficult to fully combine them all, without some type of electric mixer.However, be sure not to over-mix the cheesecake mixture. When you see that the ingredients have become fully combined, turn of the mixer, to avoid over stirring your batter, which could create issues when it bakes.
- To crush your Oreos for your crust, it all depends on how you like it. I prefer larger Oreo chunks in my crust, so I crush my Oreos with a hammer in a thick ziplock bag.If you prefer your crust to be more fine, you could use a blender or food processor to crush up the Oreo’s.
- Be sure your ingredients are at room temperature when cooking cheesecake. This will help the mixture be more smooth. Nobody wants a cheesecake with cream cheese chunks in it.It will also create a better texture, after cooking.
The Cheesecake Factory is currently serving more than 30 flavors and is promoting its seasonal pumpkin and pumpkin pecan cheesecakes as well its flavor of the year, its pineapple upside-down dessert.
It takes six months to a year to work out the concept of the flavor of the year, which annually launches on July 30, National Cheesecake Day and a busy day for the company.
“It’s fun, very photo-worthy,” Moore said. “It’s big on social media for sure.”
The Cheesecake Factory
Anaheim: 321 W Katella Ave., 714-533-7500
Arcadia: 903-L 400 S. Baldwin Ave., 626-447-2800
Beverly Hills: 364 North Beverly Drive, 310-278-7270
Brea: 120 Brea Mall Way, 714-255-0115
Canoga Park: 6600 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Suite, 818-883-9900
Cerritos: 201 Los Cerritos Center, 562-402-2906
Glendale: 511 Americana Way, 818-550-7505
Huntington Beach: 7871 Edinger Ave., 714-889-1500
Irvine: 600 Spectrum Center Drive, 949-788-9998
Los Angeles: 189 The Grove Drive, 323-634-0511
Mission Viejo: 42 The Shops at Mission Viejo, 949-364-6200
Beth Lipton/Eat This, Not That!
Almond flour, butter, baking soda, and lemon zest make these lemon cookies mouthwateringly tender. Topped with a lemon juice-infused frosting, these citrus cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. But did we mention they're also keto-friendly?
Get our recipe for Lemon Cookies.
Worst: Vegan Cobb Salad
Courtesy of The Cheesecake Factory
While vegan foods can absolutely be a healthy addition to any diet, Fillenworth suggests that this Vegan Cobb Salad option leaves little to be desired. And with 90 grams of fat (which is over the recommended fat intake for the day) and over 1,000 calories (which is half of the amount of calories that the average person needs), she says this is one meal option you'll definitely want to pass on altogether.
The Cheesecake Factory Released Two New Amazing Cheesecake Flavors
Given the enormous size of The Cheesecake Factory's menu, the restaurant could very well never add another item to its pages without customers getting bored. But rather than rest on their Linda's Fudge Cake laurels, the Factory is giving the world two new cheesecake flavors to try.
Beginning this summer, Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake and Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake will be in display cases nationwide. For both cakes, the restaurant partnered with dessert brands you definitely recognize. The Very Cherry Ghirardelli Chocolate Cheesecake is made with Ghiradelli chocolate pieces layered between chocolate cake and cherry cheesecake. It's also got real cherries inside, and chocolate cherry crunchies on the outside.
The Cinnabon Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake, which looks like an actual cinnamon roll from the top, is made with Cinnabon cinnamon cheesecake (!!), vanilla crunch cake, cream cheese frosting, and caramel. This one has crunchy candies on the outside too.
Copycat Chicken Madeira Recipe
The best part about making restaurant recipes at home, is not having to pay a tip! And maybe getting to stay in your pajamas, and avoiding packing up all the kids. And it’s cheaper. Honestly there are a ton of reasons we love making restaurant recipes from home!
The Chicken Madeira from The Cheesecake Factory has always been my favorite. We whipped it up at home for less than half the cost and time. Now the whole family loves it! We may never go out to eat again.
How to pound chicken breasts
For the best results in this recipe, you’ll want 1/4 inch thick chicken breasts. We know they don’t come that thin, so here are some simple instructions on pounding them thinner.
- Place one chicken breast at a time into a large resealable bag, pressing out as much air as possible when sealing.
- Using a meat mallet, kitchen hammer, or rolling pin, pound the chicken to an even 1/4 inch thickness
- Remove the chicken breast and repeat with remaining chicken.
- This is a great time to cut off any unwanted fat on the chicken.
Copycat Chicken Madeira Sauce
The tastiest part of this recipe is the delicious sauce drizzled on top, with sauteed mushrooms and a buttery balsamic flavor.
Here’s how to make the Cheesecake Factory Chicken Madeira sauce at home:
- In the same skillet used for cooking the chicken, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add sliced white mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, balsamic vinaigrette, beef stock, and brown sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by about 50%.
- Drizzle this delicious sauce over your chicken and even your mashed potatoes!
Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette
Chicken Madeira doesn’t taste quite as good without a delicious balsamic vinaigrette in the sauce and in the marinade.
You can buy balsamic vinaigrette by the salad dressing at your grocery store, or whip up your own real quick at home.
Here’s our quick recipe for homemade balsamic vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Whisk all ingredients together until combined
Cheesecake Factory Copycat Recipes
We love copycat recipes from our favorite restaurants because we get to enjoy our favorite foods at home!
If you loved this Copycat Chicken Madeira for dinner, try out Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake for dessert!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking ? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Side dishes for copycat chicken madeira
If you’re going for the full restaurant experience, we like to serve ours with Easy Broiled Asparagus and Homemade Mashed Potatoes just like the cheesecake factory.
The best cheesecake recipes Recipe
Find cheesecake recipes that are easy but impressive, including this stunning Nutella cheesecake, James Martin's baked raspberry cheesecake and simple no bake lemon cheesecake.
Baked or no bake, everyone loves cheesecake. Baked cheesecakes tend to be richer in taste but lighter in texture whereas unbaked cheesecakes are generally thicker and firmer set, but everyone has their own preference, as it's a matter of personal taste. We've gathered the recipes that are the best of both worlds.
You'll find both traditional recipes and recipes that combine exciting, unconventional flavours for when you're feeling a bit more experimental! They're all really simple though, so you won't feel overwhelmed. Depending on the occasion you can either choose to make individual cheesecakes as a dinner party dessert of a big one to feed a crowd at a birthday party, for example.
Make the most of the English strawberries in this strawberry cheesecake with strawberry sauce recipe. Serve with strawberry sauce and extra berries for a true taste of summer.
Our cheesecakes look beautiful and taste delicious and your family and friends will be left wondering how you've managed to put together such a complex dessert - but in reality they're quick and simple to make so you'll have plenty of time to put your feet up and relax once you've whipped it up!
Click through for more cheesecake recipes.